6/22/2008

Product Spotlight: Doodlebug Crushed Velvet & Adhesive Transfers

I love flocking (Crushed Velvet). It just adds a little something extra to my projects. I was so excited when we got these adhesive transfers in that works with the flocking and glitter. The transfers come in 6 different styles-2 fonts and 4 word/shape combos. Here I will show you how to use the transfers and flocking together. (note: you can use the flocking without the transfers but they make it so much easier!)


The supplies:

I wasn't very smart when I decided to put this on white cardstock-it doesn't show up very well. The transfers have an adhesive back so you stick them wherever you want on the paper and then peel off the top layer, which is also sticky.

Shake the flocking (or glitter) on the transfer.

Here is the whole word covered. I used my finger to spread the flocking around the word to make it cover the entire letter. After this step, you will shake the flocking off and put the excess back into the jar.

The finished product:


We carry the Crushed Velvet in many different colors and have coordinating papers, brads, ribbon and more.